Follow by e-mail

Enter your e-mail address below to have my blog posts sent to your in box. I will post about once a week, and you can unsubscribe any time.

Monday, October 28, 2013

Military Direct

'Military Direct' is a main tenant of the Army writing style.  Give me the bottom line up front, keep it short, be direct, get it done.  This does not only apply to writing, but also to every day interaction, tasks, teamwork, and all things interpersonal while on the job.  There is no beating around the bush, there is no time for touchy feely.

I'm being considered for the XO (Executive Officer) position for the class.  This person has to use military direct style in passing on the Class Leader's commands to the staff and class.   This is not my natural style (maybe in writing, but not in relationships), but it is an area where I have wanted to grow and develop.  God is at work doing something, in both me, and Lucibeth.  Pray that--no matter what--we would rise to the tests and challenges that he is placing in our lives, that we would respond by faith, that we would be strong and courageous, that we would know that the Lord our God goes with us wherever we go. 

No comments: