Follow by e-mail

Enter your e-mail address below to have my blog posts sent to your in box. I will post about once a week, and you can unsubscribe any time.

Friday, October 11, 2013

Ebenezer

Then Samuel took a stone and set it up between Mizpah and Shen and called its name Ebenezer, for he said, "Till now the Lord has helped us."

Today marks the last day of our first phase of Army training.  It has been incredibly challenging. There have been times early on that I asked myself, "What have I gotten myself into?"  Now I see the purposes, now I see progress, unity, strengthening, learning.

How often do we get through a tough trial, and rather than praise God, rather than give him thanks, rather than point to him as the source of strength, we immediately go on and start worrying about whatever is next?  Thank you God for your strength to get through this, and many other trials in life, thank you for carrying me, thank you for working in me, often through my trials, to give me the spiritual workout I need to precisely prepare me for your presence one day very soon. 

No comments: