Follow by e-mail

Enter your e-mail address below to have my blog posts sent to your in box. I will post about once a week, and you can unsubscribe any time.

Saturday, October 5, 2013

Another Week

We just finished our third and most physically challenging week.  It included night time land navigation and low-crawling under live and simulated fire. We have had short nights, hours of drill, and death by power-point at the most sleepy part of the day.  Still, it is rewarding, and encouraging when I have a chance to come up for air, like this afternoon.  The class enjoys sweet devotional and prayer time together, albeit brief. 

I preached in class a 12 minute sermon as I would preach in chapel and received positive feedback.  But the experience of the chaplains with prior service tell us that our main activity will be counseling.  As we get to know soldiers and build trust, they will come to us with a myriad of issues.  The numbers and scope I imagine is overwhelming, but I'm looking forward with finishing and diving in nonetheless.

This coming Friday marks the end of the initial phase, which is the most difficult.  Thanks for prayers for endurance, patience, health, and especially for family back 'home' in Charlotte.

No comments: