Follow by e-mail

Enter your e-mail address below to have my blog posts sent to your in box. I will post about once a week, and you can unsubscribe any time.

Thursday, October 17, 2013

...to do you good in the end.


In Deuteronomy 8, Moses speaks of the desert wanderings, “He humbled you and let you hunger…”  Later he says that God did this “that he might humble you and test you, to do you good in the end.”  Isn’t this incredible, that here God tells us explicitly, with example, that a trial is placed there, particularly in our lives, deliberately by God, for the purpose of doing us good?

I don’t have physical hunger today, or any physical needs right now, but I do have mental needs and emotional shortcomings.  Army training is incredibly well done and at a high level.  I am learning some things that I should have learned years ago, like what are the steps to solve problems, how to lead teams.  I’m also asked to do some things that I’m having trouble learning, like how to think quickly on my feet.  I am mentally and emotionally ‘hungry,’ or deficient in some of these areas.  Thank you God that you have brought these good trials into my life for very specific purposes, and to do me good in the end. 

These two weeks are all about how to be a proficient staff officer, serving the battalion commander alongside peers.  But tomorrow is a break where we climb another tower and face physical obstacles.  This, I love, but please pray specifically for safety for our class, that no one would fall or get hurt, and that some who have a fear of heights would be able to overcome by faith.

No comments: