Follow by e-mail

Enter your e-mail address below to have my blog posts sent to your in box. I will post about once a week, and you can unsubscribe any time.

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

New Day

Yesterday was incredibly long, starting with 5 a.m. PT, ending with 4 hours of drill/marching training in the sun. I came back to my room and went right to sleep, maybe before 8 p.m.  Today was not quite so long with not quite so much drill.  And fun team-building exercises in the middle (get the team across this expanse, using only these boards and this piece of rope, etc.).  I'm the platoon song-leader, which is fun, and a road guard for when we cross a road in formation.  That means I need to run ahead, stop traffic, then catch up when the class gets past.  It gets really fun with several roads in quick succession.  The class is bonding and having fun together, despite the physical and emotional challenges.  Part of the strain is to allow us to identify with the soldiers we will soon be supporting.  They go through the gas chamber, so guess what--we're doing that tomorrow.  Thanks for your prayers, and for my family back home!

No comments: