Follow by e-mail

Enter your e-mail address below to have my blog posts sent to your in box. I will post about once a week, and you can unsubscribe any time.

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Getting Ready

I am settling the family in Charlotte, NC, as I prepare to embark on Army Chaplain training this Sunday in Columbia, SC for 13 weeks.  We had a pleasant, slow drive north, via Deleon Springs, which I last visited as an eight year old.  The move has been harder than I imagined with older children, one now a teenager as of my first day of training.

We have cobbled together a temporary apartment and made it a home.  We are connecting with some old friends.  We are attending what was our home church while in seminary which we dearly love.  The kids are enrolled in a home school co-op and Lucibeth already is reconnecting with old friends.  Still, separation will be tough. She is still sore from surgery, and the kids are struggling behaviorally in large part due to the upheaval in their lives.  They don't have all their things, and toys, and often seem discontent. We are trying to be more intentional about lovingly confronting them with their idols and the gospel, rather than trying to quickly fix their discontent to make parenting easier. 

With all the challenges I still very much look forward to getting started. It is time after a blessed break to dive back into study, ministry, and now physical activity as well.  A friend has trained me well and I am in good shape, with a slightly inflamed knee tendon.

Many thanks for your prayers, especially for my family while we are separated. 

No comments: