Follow by e-mail

Enter your e-mail address below to have my blog posts sent to your in box. I will post about once a week, and you can unsubscribe any time.

Friday, April 25, 2014

Missed Opportunities

This week I had two times when I was offered to speak into situations, and I had nothing. Only afterwards I thought what I would, could, should have said.  I'm a chaplain, offered to speak into a situation involving morals and ethics, and I've got nothing. It wasn't fear--in these cases, it was more just who I am, not always having something to say, often tongue tied unless I prepare.  I think I'll have many opportunities in the army to shoot from the hip. I have already, and I will have more. 

I write of these missed opportunities with a smile on my face.   I would have been only frustrated and maybe guilty in the past.  But I'm in training, continually growing, learning.  Next time perhaps I'll be more ready.  But God is sovereign, and his pleasure in me does not rest in my performance, praise God!

God, make me more in tune with your Holy Spirit. Help me to grow in wisdom, and in being more relaxed, to speak boldly and courageously into situations that involve you. For your glory alone.

No comments: