Follow by e-mail

Enter your e-mail address below to have my blog posts sent to your in box. I will post about once a week, and you can unsubscribe any time.

Friday, April 25, 2014

Applying the Gospel

One Soldier came to me, struggling with anger toward his spouse.  Apparently he gets furious when he doesn't feel heard, and she begins to walk away.  I was able to tell him about Jesus receiving blows, and spit, and whips during his last week, and that he did not lash back out.  But more than an example, Jesus took those temporal blows when we deserved eternal blows.  Jesus took our punishment to restore us to God, so that God looks on us with respect, God listens to us in prayer, all because of Jesus (he is a professing believer). He told me he liked what I had to say, that it made alot of sense.  I thank God for the opportunities to speak to Soldiers about the gospel; more than any other stage of my life. 

Thank you, God for the opportunity to hold two small field services last week, thank you for a successful marriage seminar today and for high level support in recruiting for it.  Thank you for a beautiful home, family, new acquaintances at chapel; beautiful weather, chaplain friends, and a great next-level-up Brigade Chaplain.

No comments: