Follow by e-mail

Enter your e-mail address below to have my blog posts sent to your in box. I will post about once a week, and you can unsubscribe any time.

Monday, January 20, 2014

Broken World

I am reminded that we live in a broken world.  Exercising yesterday afternoon, I left my (new) phone on a treadmill and it was gone last night.  Signs in locker rooms should have already let me know, but somehow it is surprising when it happens to you, with a sinking, sick feeling inside.  It could be worse, thank God it was not my wallet, but still...

After 10 days gracious leave to unpack (most) boxes and hang (a few) pictures, I'm back to work tomorrow.  I'm reminded that I was made to work in the image of a working God.  I loved extra time off with my family, but I'm so ready to dive in, roll up my sleeves, and start ministering to soldiers.  Thank you, God, for a fresh start, a new vocation that seems to fit my gifts so well--may it be so.  God, strengthen Lucibeth for the task of homemaking in a not-quite-set up home, and to focus on hearts, faith, and character more than adding, writing and neatness.  Draw our fast-growing kids to yourself, may they influence others around them more than they are influenced themselves.  Help us to boldly shepherd them through a world with such darkness that we couldn't pretend to protect them from.   And may we speak and be salt and light to neighbors and Soldiers around us always.

No comments: