Follow by e-mail

Enter your e-mail address below to have my blog posts sent to your in box. I will post about once a week, and you can unsubscribe any time.

Sunday, December 8, 2013

Last Week

This is the last week.  Training has been so intense, there has been much sweat, some tears...no blood I guess.  But lots of bonding.  Last week was the Capstone, a week in the field, at a mock forward operating base, putting into practice all we have learned.  We went on a convoy and were hit by explosive devices, we had casualties, we practiced first aid, we counseled soldiers, and we briefed commanders.  We cleaned the latrines, and went on guard duty late at night.  The other Chaplains and myself have a sense that we have learned enough, we still have lots to learn, but we are ready to move on and put into practice all that we have done the  last 3 months. 

Lucibeth comes to join me this week for a Spouses Seminar and Banquet, the graduation Friday.  Next Monday I'll drive to Ft Bragg to sign in and do piles of paperwork, find some temporary lodging, and bring my family over the next week.  We'll be there until our on-base housing is ready for us, probably in 30-60 days. 

I am excited, and a little nervous.  I'm incredibly thankful God has gotten me through this season.  I'm amazed and thankful I have been mostly healthy throughout, as I've seen many peers go down for a time with colds, flu, or pulled hamstrings.  I have a strong sense that I am not only in physical training, but that I'm in spiritual training--God working on specific areas of my life in ways perfectly suited for the military.   He is also working on Lucibeth, causing her to trust in him more where she may have leaned on me in the past.  Praise God. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thinking of you and missing you both! Give Lucibeth a hug for us this week.
Wishing the whole Hamm family a VERY blessed Christmas!!
Love
The Lees and Brysen