Follow by e-mail

Enter your e-mail address below to have my blog posts sent to your in box. I will post about once a week, and you can unsubscribe any time.

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Reunions

I drove home this past weekend for another sweet visit with the family.  Training continues to go well, and most aspects are now very enjoyable, as we have gotten into a routine and have learned the ropes, and as the leadership have lightened up...a bit.  I am now a squad leader, and also essentially the class social director.  I'll take the lead on the year-end banquet, and frequent birthday celebrations.  We are into classes on counseling, which are too short, but helpful.

I am blessed that I can drive to Charlotte most weekends. Some classmates have not seen their families for two months now.  But even after one week of separation, I eagerly anticipated holding my wife and kids in my arms.  I reflected fondly on the kids' growth and development, how fast they are changing, I prayed for them, I couldn't wait to be with them.   I shed some tears just listening to music that we loved and had listened to often together as a family.

As sweet as that reunion was this weekend, our reunion with Jesus will be infinitely sweeter.  That reunion will be in a state of absolute perfection.  He will make all things right, he will wipe away all our sins, he will love us perfectly, he will embrace us in his arms.  Often it is difficult to look forward to heaven because our eyes are so fixed on this world.  But earthly reunions give me a little better glimpse, and help me to say, "Come Lord Jesus, come."

No comments: