Follow by e-mail

Enter your e-mail address below to have my blog posts sent to your in box. I will post about once a week, and you can unsubscribe any time.

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

What is it that allows me to submit to my leaders? I have had disagreements with Bush, and I will have disagreements with Obama. What allows us to submit to them, respect them, and pray for them? Eph 1:15-23 tells us in part: “His incomparably great power is for us who believe, even the power which God exerted in Christ by raising him from the dead. Christ has been raised far above all rule and authority, power and dominion."

We have that same power (in Christ) and will be raised and seated with him. Yet this is not just a future but also a present reality (v. 22?)! It is as if while we are under earthly authorities at the same time we are seated with Christ, hidden in him, far above all rule and authority on earth.

No comments: