Follow by e-mail

Enter your e-mail address below to have my blog posts sent to your in box. I will post about once a week, and you can unsubscribe any time.

Thursday, March 13, 2014

Fast Pace

The pace is picking up, and I still love chaplaincy.  I spent a night in the field last week during a freezing rain.  Though I have to admit I slept in a heated tent, I spent hours outside, and the Soldiers were encouraged to see their Chaplain out in the woods voluntarily.  I went on a 'mission' with a squad to take out an enemy trio.  My job was to get down low when they did and hide behind the squad leader, but I learned a bit about their maneuvers and had fun.  I went back out to the field Sunday to perform my first field service.

Thank you, God, for answering prayers that I could be a distinctively Christian chaplain.  For the opportunity to preach the gospel to many Soldiers who are not believers, for more and more opportunities to help Soldiers through counseling, and often with the full Gospel communicated.  God, bring salvation to the Soldier who texted me tonight if I could give him a Bible.  Thank you for those who came to the Bible study today, particularly those who don't know you yet.  That this could continue and grow, please lead me in what topics to teach, and grant me the time to prepare.

Grant me the words to share in the change of command ceremony tomorrow; may I communicate truths of you even in this sterile environment.  Grant me strength and endurance in the gas chamber tomorrow.  Help me not become over-committed, but that I also would be willing to work hard with extra hours when necessary.

And God, grant us a sweet visit to Florida next week! 

No comments: