Follow by e-mail

Enter your e-mail address below to have my blog posts sent to your in box. I will post about once a week, and you can unsubscribe any time.

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

God's Presence

In our preaching series we are coming up on one of my favorite passages, concerning the presence of God (Exodus 33). God is angry at Israel for their disobedience and basically says, “I’ll send an angel with you on your journey, but I will not go with you myself.” Moses’ response is classic: “God, if your presence does not go with us, do not send us up from here.” God promises a bounteous land full of blessing and luxury, and Moses would rather stay right where he is if God is not going to go with them.

God, do not send me home tonight to my family without your presence. Do not let me run errands today without your presence. As I work on the message this week, I do not want to read one word of Scripture without your presence. I do not want to read one commentary without your presence. I do not want to write one word of notes without your presence.

No comments: